I remember the first time I attempted to make a chili brick recipe from scratch. It was a disaster. My chili was watery and tasteless, and I was so disappointed. But the best part was I didn’t give up.
At first, I was a bit skeptical about how it would turn out. I mean, a brick of chili? But I decided to give it a try anyway and boy I was pleasantly surprised to see how good it was after then. I experimented with different ingredients and cooking techniques until I finally found the perfect recipe.
Now, I want to share my tried-and-true chili brick recipe with you, so you can create a delicious and flavorful chili that will be going surely please your taste buds. So, let’s get started and make some amazing chili together.
What is a chili brick?
So, my reader, it seems like you’re curious to know about what a chili brick is. If that is so, then let me enlighten you with my spicy knowledge.
A chili brick is essentially a block of chili that’s been frozen into a brick shape. It’s a convenient and easy way to store and transport chili without worrying about it spilling all over the place.
In case you’re wondering, chili bricks are often used by restaurants as an appetizer or main course. They’re also great for taking to potlucks and other gatherings where you want to bring along a large quantity of deliciousness without having to take up too much space in your suitcase.
What ingredients are in Dolores’s chili brick?
Well, now let me tell you about the secret ingredients in Dolores’s chili brick that make it so darn delicious. This hearty dish is made with a combination of beef, beef hearts, oats, and a whole bunch of spices and flavorings that will have your taste buds dancing with joy.
But wait, there’s more. Dolores’s chili brick also includes enriched flour, which is a fancy way of saying that it has extra vitamins and minerals added to it.
Of course, no chili would be complete without a little bit of salt and vinegar to balance out the flavors. And for an extra kick, Dolores’s recipe includes paprika and monosodium glutamate, a popular seasoning that enhances the umami flavor in savory dishes.
So there you have it, the secret to Dolores’s mouth-watering chili brick. It’s a hearty, flavorful combination of beef, spices, and nutritious ingredients that will warm you up on even the chilliest of days. So what are we waiting for? Let’s get cooking and experience the magic by ourselves today.
Preparation Time: Only 5 mins
- Cook time: Approximately 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30-40 minutes
- Course: Main
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Calorie: 334 calories total (Approximately)
- Serving: 6
Chili brick recipe ingredients
- 1 tbsp of fresh olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, medium-sized and finely diced
- 1 pound of 90% to 95% lean ground beef, lean and mean
- 2.5 tbsp of chili powder for that extra kick
- 2 tbsp of aromatic ground cumin
- 2 tbsp of sweet granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp of rich tomato paste
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp of pure salt
- 0.5 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- 0.25 tsp of ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1.5 cups of hearty beef broth
- 1 can of diced petite tomatoes
- 1 can of kidney beans, must be drained and rinsed
- 1 can of thick tomato sauce, a flavorful addition.
Our previous published content: Jesse Kelly Burger Recipe
Dolores Chili Brick – Step-by-step process
1) Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat for two minutes and add a tablespoon of premium-quality olive oil.
2) Let it heat up for a moment before adding a medium-sized yellow onion that’s been diced to perfection.
3) Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, and let the aroma of the onion fill the room.
4) Next, it’s time to add the star ingredient which the ground beef. Break it apart with a wooden spoon and cook for 6-7 minutes until it’s perfectly browned.
5) Keep stirring occasionally to make sure it’s evenly cooked.
6) Now, let’s add some spice to the mix.
7) Add chili powder, ground cumin, granulated sugar, tomato paste, garlic powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, and the rest.
8) Stir all the spices until they are well combined with the beef and onion mixture.
9) It’s time to add some liquid to the chili.
10) Add 1 1/2 cups of beef broth, a can of petite diced tomatoes), a can of drained and rinsed red kidney beans, and an 8 oz. can of tomato sauce.
11) Again, stir well to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated.
12) Now, it’s time to let the chili simmer and let all the flavors meld together.
13) Bring the liquid to a low boil and then reduce the heat to low to medium-low.
14) Let the chili simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally until it reaches the perfect consistency.
15) After 20-25 minutes, turn off the heat and let the chili rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. This will allow the flavors to develop and come together for an even more mouth-watering experience.
16) Oh, done. Your Dolores brick chili is ready to be served.
17) Garnish it with some shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and some fresh cilantro to take it to the next level.
One simple meatloaf recipe is the Bomb Meatloaf Recipe
Pro Tips to make the recipe tastier:
1) When I hear the word chili, the first thing that comes to my mind is warmth and comfort. For this reason, I recommend using stewed beef rather than ground beef for optimal flavor and texture. Though this all depends on your taste.
2) Another great way to add depth of flavor and make sure your chili is perfect every time is by using quality ingredients.
3) Remember not to overcook, it should be simmered until the beef and onion mixture is very tender and the flavors have melded together.
4) Finally, to get that perfect brick shape, use a bundt pan or an ovenproof dish like a Dutch oven. This will ensure your chili cooks evenly from top to bottom.
What goes well with frozen chili brick?
If you need a short but delicious list of ideas, here you go with my top preferences:
Baked Potatoes: Scoop a generous spoonful of the chili brick over a hot, fluffy baked potato for a hearty and satisfying meal.
Nachos: Pile a bed of crispy tortilla chips on a plate and spoon the chili brick over them. Top with shredded cheese, chopped jalapenos, and sour cream.
Cornbread: Ah, my favorite. Serve the chili brick with a side of sweet and savory cornbread. The contrast of flavors is sure to please.
Grilled Cheese: Make a grilled cheese sandwich with thick slices of bread and melted cheddar cheese. Add a spoonful of chili brick for an extra zing.
The last thing I want to say is to try this chili brick dolores recipe and enjoy the warmth, comfort, and amazing flavor of homemade chili. I know you will love it but don’t stop trying to expand your chili horizons.
However, thanks for reading and I hope you give this recipe a try soon.