For a long time, I am thinking of baking chocolate chip walnut cookies. But I can never find a recipe that is so easy and delicious. So when my close friend Sarah showed me this recipe, I was like damn this is the easiest walnut chocolate chip cookies recipe ever.
Though when I first tried it, I quickly realized that her recipe was not as easy as it seemed. But after some more practice, I finally got it right. And the result? These chocolate chip cookies are so good that you will not be able to resist them.
Ah, I can feel your cravings coming already, so let us get baking one easy dish today.
What is the secret to the best cookies?
So, before I get started let me share some of my experience baking cookies. Trust me, crafting the perfect cookie is an art, where every ingredient plays a crucial role in balancing the flavors and textures to perfection. From the right mix of butter and sugar to the ideal baking time and temperature, each step requires attention to detail and a gentle touch.
But above all, the secret to the best cookies is to enjoy the process and have fun, for it is the love and passion that go into baking that truly makes them extraordinary.
However, one easy process to follow is to be precise when measuring ingredients, especially when it comes to flour. Too much flour can make cookies dry and crumbly.
What factors cause a cookie to be crisp soft and chewy?
I can still remember my first baking lesson where I was taught that cookies are crispy on the outside and soft and chewy in the center. So when you bake a cookie, it is important to remember these key takeouts to make oatmeal walnut chocolate chip cookies crisp soft, and chewy:
1) The ratio of ingredients:
Trust me, the ratio of ingredients used in the cookie dough can affect the texture of the final product. For example, a higher ratio of sugar to flour can make the cookie crisper and more caramelized, while a higher ratio of flour to sugar can make the cookie more cake-like.
2) Baking time and temperature:
Those who bake so often can relate to this cause for sure. The baking time and temperature can affect the texture of the cookie. Longer baking times and higher temperatures can result in crispier cookies, while shorter baking times and lower temperatures can result in softer and chewier cookies.
3) The method of baking:
Cookie dough can also be baked in a variety of ways, such as using an oven pan or cookie sheet. Baking cookies on an oven griddle will result in chewier cookies since there isn’t as much convection heat happening.
However, for now, forget everything and just follow my below step-by-step process for the best chocolate chip walnut cookies.
- Preparation Time: Only 10 mins
- Cook time: Approximately 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20-30 minutes
- Course: Snacks/Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Calorie: 169 calories total (Approximately)
- Serving: 40
Chocolate chip walnut cookies recipe ingredients
- 2 sticks (1 cup) of butter, unsalted and softened
- 1 cup of granulated white sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs (You can add more)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts
Our previous published content: Jesse Kelly Burger Recipe
Walnut chocolate chip cookies – Step-by-step process
1) First, let’s preheat our ovens to a toasty 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line our baking sheets with parchment paper.
2) Now, grab a large bowl and add in our butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla extract.
3) With the electric mixer on medium speed, beat our ingredients until they’re nice and creamy, which should take us about a minute.
4) Next, in a separate medium-sized bowl, sift together our baking soda, salt, and flour.
5) Gradually add these dry ingredients to the buttery mixture, mixing on low speed.
6) Once everything is combined, give the bowl a good scrape and beat the dough on medium speed for another 30 seconds to ensure it’s well-mixed.
7) Now for the fun part. Add our scrumptious chocolate chips and chopped walnuts to our dough, and give everything a good stir to combine.
8) Using a tablespoon, drop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets while leaving a space of 2-3 inches between them.
9) Just before we pop them into the oven, add a few extra chocolate chips and walnuts to the top of our dough balls to give cookies an extra special touch.
10) Now it’s time to bake our cookies for 10-12 minutes.
11) Once they’re done, take them out of the oven and allow them to cool slightly before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
12) And there you have it, a batch of mouth-watering chocolate chip walnut cookies that are crispy on the outside, and chewy on the inside.
One simple meatloaf recipe is the Bomb Meatloaf Recipe
Pro Tips to make the recipe tastier:
1) When lining the sheet pan with parchment paper, make sure to leave some overhang on the sides for easy lifting once the cookies are done baking.
2) If you don’t have a cookie scoop, you can use a regular spoon and your hands to shape the dough into balls. Just make sure they’re all about the same size to ensure even baking.
3) And if you want to switch things up, feel free to substitute the walnuts with other nuts or even dried fruit. You can also play around with different types of chocolate chips, like dark chocolate or white chocolate.
What not to do when making chocolate chip cookies?
Ok, one last tip regarding what you should / shouldn’t do when baking chocolate chip cookies with walnuts. Are you ready to read or you will skip this section? Who knows, maybe you’ll try it and then tell me all about it in the comments.
Here’s what not to do:
1) Overmixing the dough: Yes you heard it right my friend. Overmixing can cause the gluten in the flour to develop too much, resulting in tough, chewy cookies. Mix just until everything is combined for the best texture.
2) Using cold ingredients: Do you know cold ingredients like butter or eggs can prevent the ingredients from mixing together properly and can result in uneven texture? Make sure to let ingredients come to room temperature before mixing.
3) Overbaking the cookies: I know you are aware of this that overbaking can make cookies dry and hard.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Why are my chocolate chip cookies not fluffy?
A: When the oven is too hot, the butter in the dough melts too quickly before the other ingredients can firm up and can cause the cookie to spread and become flat. To avoid this, make sure to preheat your oven to the correct temperature.
Q: Is it OK to use melted butter instead of softened?
A: Using melted butter instead of softened butter can affect the texture and structure of your baked goods.
Q: Should I put 1 or 2 eggs in cookies?
A: The number of eggs you should use in cookies depends on the recipe you are following. Most cookie recipes typically call for 1 or 2 eggs.
I am really feeling so happy today because I succeeded in baking chocolate chip walnut cookies.
And if you have any other oatmeal chocolate chip walnut cookies recipe suggestions, please leave them in the comments below and I will be happy to try them out.
Make sure you also read our related recipe articles and share your thoughts.