From a few days. I was so upset with myself. I am trying to start a meal plan and I am so bad at it. So what do you do when you are running late for work and realize that you have no time to cook dinner?
You go to the freezer and pull out some of your favorite pre-made meals. This was one of those dinners.
I love meatloaf, but I hate getting my hands dirty. That is why I loved this recipe. Guys, I am talking about the bomb meatloaf recipe. This meatloaf is packed with flavor and it is so easy to make.
Now I am not going to lie to you, this meatloaf is nothing like the traditional meatloaf that you would get at your local restaurant. Let’s see how this recipe differs.
What exactly makes this meatloaf recipe so bomb
If you had tried to cook this meatloaf using a traditional meat mixture, you would have ended up with a dish that was dry and lacked flavor. That is not the case with our bomb meatloaf recipe.
First of all, we use ground beef that is seasoned with garlic, salt, and pepper. This combination is sure to give your meatloaf a ton of flavor.
And, we add bread crumbs to the mixture. Bread crumbs are great because they help to bind the meatloaf together and they also add some texture.
When you combine all of these ingredients, you end up with a meatloaf that is so stuffed with flavor that you will not be able to resist. Trust me, this is one dish that you are going to love.
What is the secret to tender meatloaf
Now, one thing that people often ask me is why it’s so tender. If you observe you will see the key to tender meatloaf is to cook it slowly.
We are not cooking this meatloaf in a pan over high heat, we are cooking it in an oven that is preheated to 375 degrees. This slow cook process allows the meatloaf to absorb all of the flavors and become extremely tender.
Also, while mixing the ground meat mixture, make sure that you are using your hands. This will help to keep the mixture light and fluffy. Is this getting complex to understand?
Do not worry if this recipe seems a little daunting at first glance. With a little practice, you will be able to make bomb meatloaf every time without any problems.
- Preparation Time: Only 15 mins
- Cook time: only 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 Hour 15 mins
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Calorie: 56 calories total (Approximately)
- Serving: 8
Bomb meatloaf recipe ingredients
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- Half cup French’s fried onion for better taste
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoon vinegar, white
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Bomb meatloaf recipe- Step by step
- We will need to first preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, garlic cloves, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Try to mix until well combined.
- Take a separate bowl and mix together ketchup, onion, French fried onion, onion soup mix, and vinegar.
- You can also use a food processor to combine these ingredients.
- Now, you can combine the ketchup mixture with the beef mixture until everything is well combined.
- Once the ingredients are mixed together, place the mixture into an 8-inch loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until meatloaf comes out of the oven looking brown and cooked through.
- Next, we will create the glaze for our bomb meatloaf recipe.
- In another bowl mix paprika, ketchup, and onion soup mix vinegar and garlic powder together until smooth.
- Set aside for later use in the meatloaf recipe.
- After the meatloaf has cooked through, let it cool for around 10 minutes before slicing it into 8 pieces.
- Enjoy your bomb meatloaf recipe with gravy or ketchup.
One simple chicken recipe is The Best Mighty Spark Chicken Patties
Pro Tips to make the recipe tastier:
1) Cover the mixture with foil so that when it cooks the sauce and a few ingredients will not burn. This also helps to keep the meatloaf moist.
2) If you find the mixture to be too dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of milk or beef broth to help make it more wet and consistent.
3) The best way to cook this recipe is to experiment with different seasonings such as garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, pepper, cumin, etc.
4) Add seasonings to the patties before cooking such as garlic powder, cayenne pepper, or black pepper.
5) Make sure that you cook the meatloaf until they are brown and cooked through on both sides.
Our previous article: Ruth’s Chris Stuffed Chicken Recipe: A Must-Try!
Frequently asked questions:
Q: Can I freeze this recipe?
A: Yes, you can freeze the meatloaf mixture and then cook it later. And, while serving make sure you are letting it warm up so that the flavors combine.
Q: What if I am not a fan of ketchup?
A: Feel free to omit the ketchup from the recipe and replace it with your favorite sauce. You can try to cook in a variety of ways and see which is the best for you. For example, you can make it a bacon bomb meatloaf recipe.
Q: How long will it take to cook?
A: It will usually take around 30-40 minutes to cook through.
So, here is the perfect bomb meatloaf recipe. This was just a single way to cook a delicious and moist meatloaf. There are so many different ways that you can tweak it to make it your own. Be creative and have some fun in the kitchen.
Now, do me a favor by sharing this recipe with your friends and family on social media so that they can enjoy it too.